Monday, 21 February 2011
Wednesday, 16 February 2011
We had a visit yesterday from Lise Brian (creative Director) and Mika Shepard from The Chase Agency, Manchester, they gave us lots of very useful information and advice from their personal experience on how to tackle the industry and get in with agencies.
I found their Top Tips very useful as I find future after Stockport daunting.
20 Top Tips:
1. Address the person you want to contact properly
2. Don't attach to many images
3. After contacting, follow up with a call
4. Be nice to receptionists
5. Try not to be too nervous for interviews
6. Know about the place you’re going, Research!
7. Be enthusiastic
8. Ask for briefs, even just to get started
9. Turn up unannounced
10. Ask "is there anything you have coming up that I can help with?"
11. Don't leave things in your portfolio you don't like
12. Show a good mix of work
13. Keep folder tidy (it represents you)
14. Portfolio layout (treat like a job)
15. Show original pieces
16. Don't put foam board in folder
17. Be Punctual
18. Don't take all advice to heart
19. Practice talking about your work
20. Start and finish with something strong