Monday 18 April 2011

1.2.3 -Pablo Picasso

1. "Bad artists copy. Good artists steal."
I think this quote from Picasso relates to me the most, as most of my work is taking a turn for the collage route were I find small sections from others art, whether is photography, patterns ect and use it to represent just what I am looking for, I either reproduce it to a similar standard or take a small section from it and turn it into something new- never use element as my own. Another way that I look at this quote is that ideas have to stem from something, they then snowball into a different idea but that initial inspiration isn't stealing, I am merely copying it and moving it forward.


2. "Every child is an artist. The problem is how
     to remain an artist once we grow up."
This is one of my favourite quotes, Picasso had an interest for the playfulness and lack of rules children have to creating art, I also have an interest in this, the way children draw like they know exactly what they want to image to look like, resembling nothing of the object in front of them but shows exactly how they wish to see it, art like that cannot be taught, we are taught to draw what we see and what looks visually pleasing on the eye, not what we truly see.


3. "I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it. "
This quote to me is the most meaningful, I feel you should thrive on pushing your limits, within art you shouldn't stick to a technique that you find easy and less time consuming, the art where you test yourself and go outside your comfort zone is the most rewarding, this quote can be put to all aspects in life, so is a real life lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment