Wednesday 7 September 2011

My new love ♥ ♥


I just come across this book, Beading and Making Jewellery by Anna Kay & Lucinda Ganderton, and I wish to share my excitement!! 

This book covers, bead jewellery, beaded accessories, decorative home furnishings, machine embroidery, felt, rags and leathers, ribbon accessories, ribbon furnishings, enameling and metalwork and finally paper, card and wood.

A wide variety of excellent ideas such as, jewellery, brooches, bags, cushions to handmade buttons and quality finishes. I want to try them all!  make a hand-made home like Kirstie's homemade home, on channel 4....if only!



One of the best features of this book is the beginning pages to each craft section, there is a small, easy to digest, history section followed by a gallery of today's artists examples, then an easy to follow section of all equipment and material needed and a description of there use and features.

I have to say that while following a few of the crafts I found the instructions a little vague, I understand that they have crammed a lot of ideas into this book, so there is little room for full detailing on all instructions but as a beginner I can get a little lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment