Sunday 1 April 2012

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

I recently worked on the Little White Lies brief set by D&AD, I thought it would be a challenge to work to a context that is unfamiliar to me-film. I selected the new Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy film from a selection of 2012 top films and set my self a week to complete the magazine cover requirements.

I managed to complete the brief quickly, I really enjoyed it. I did a few rough sketches for my design but straight away I knew what elements I wanted to include, I created a few sketchbook pages for useable elements. The brief required the main character to be large and prominent. The provided layout featured a large logo centered at the top so I didn't have much space.


I took this opportunity to feature my type and to represent a real figure.
I am really pleased with my image, if I could change anything I would spend some time thinking of how to use the space- Although giving myself more time on planning gives me more time to over judge positioning and sometimes takes away the fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment