Tuesday 16 August 2011

Leaf Art


Leaf art of Lorenzo Duran

 
These are amazing! 
Nature crafted out of nature, think I need to try something like this and mix it into my collage work, working into my media sounds fun.
Just looking at them teaches me to slow down a little, they are a true example of patience and precision, I think I need to learn from them.



History
"I started by noticing that there are various techniques for cutting paper. Probably the master of paper cutting are the Chinese, whose expertise dates back for centuries. The symmetry in their designs and lace are spectacular. The Japanese also have a long history in paper cutting, which they call Kirigami, typically performed using scissors.  The German and Swiss also have a long history of paper cutting (which they call scherenschnitte), and rely heavily on symmetrical motifs.
"

No comments:

Post a Comment