Friday 19 August 2011

Salford Outlet Craft Stalls 19/08/11


Today I visited Salford Quays to look at the craft stalls in the Outlet Mall, I have not been to Salford before so I was looking forward to it. 

There were only a few tables set around the Outlet and they didn't display much, I was really disappointed, as I had expected a bigger event.

 
But I found the architecture around the Quays to be very interesting, with its unusual angles, modern high rise buildings, the Millennium Bridge and of course The Lowry.


I decided to take a walk around The Lowry to see 'Lowry Favourite’s' and the current 'Warhol & The Diva' exhibitions. Not a very big gallery but I appreciate that it's free admission. The 'Lowry Favourite's' exhibitions shows some lovely work, especially interesting to me was to see his sketches.

Admittedly I do not know a lot about Lowry, but in the exhibition I thought I would recognize more of his work, as the exhibition consist of the "Favourite’s", I didn't notice many of his more famous pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment